Welcome back to QCK!
It’s been a minute since I’ve posted new content. I decided to take a break from social media a couple weeks back for a few reasons. School started, I needed to focus and make sure I was in a good spot with my classes. I had a few other projects outside of this blog going on that needed some serious attention. But mostly, I was just mentally burnt out. After watching the events that took place in Kenosha, I started shutting down. I lost a lot of drive and motivation. I needed some time to process and regroup. Thank you for sticking around while I did so. I appreciate the continued support.
With all that being said, I felt it was only appropriate to make my return with a Sunday Bake because, as you all know, it’s my favorite. This weeks Sunday Bake is savory. Zucchini Cheddar Beer Bread. It’s a super simple, one bowl recipe. Minimal ingredients. I love this recipe right now because it’s great with fall soups or alone with a shmear of honey butter.
- Sugar can be substituted for honey.
- The stronger the beer, the stronger the beer flavor. I like a fairly light beer for this recipe.
- You can also add small diced jalapeño.
- Fresh garlic can be subbed for garlic powder.
|Prep: 15 Min||Bake: 60-70 Min||Category: Baking||Yield: 1 Loaf|
- 3 C All Purpose Flour
- 2 1/2 Tbsp Granulated Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 Clove Garlic, grated
- 1 C Zucchini, grated
- 1 C Shredded Cheddar
- 12 oz Light Beer
- 3 Tbsp Unsalted Butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Add garlic, zucchini and cheese, mix until fully incorporated.
- Pour beer over the dry ingredients and mix until a wet dough forms.
- Use 2 Tbsp of melted butter to grease a 9×5 loaf pan.
- Add the dough to the pan, the brush the remaining melted butter on top.
- Bake 60-70 minutes, or until the bread has risen and the top is golden brown and slightly cracked.
As always, I hope you enjoyed this recipe! If you tried it out let me know in the comments. For more recipes check out my homepage and follow along on Instagram. Don’t forget to like, follow, comment and share. Thanks for reading!