Welcome back to QCK!
If you’re like me, you love a quick, easy sheet tray dinner that makes the perfect leftovers. That’s what this recipe is. Oh, and they only take about 30 minutes, so it’s pretty much the perfect recipe. Did I mention they’re vegan? Cause they are.
What I love about these fajitas specifically is that the peppers, onions and sweet potatoes all caramelize really well in the oven. The natural sugars combined with the savory/smoky fajita seasoning is everything. They don’t need any sauce. If you wanted to make a sauce, anything avocado or sour cream based would do the trick here. I wanted to keep a really minimalistic approach here because it really doesn’t need anything fancy or over the top. Sometimes you just want a really basic meal that’s still satisfying and flavorful, here it is.
If you want to make this super super easy on yourself, you can skip the seasonings listed below and just use your favorite store-bought fajita seasoning.
|Prep: 10 Min||Cook: 25 Min||Category: 30 Minute Dinner||Servings: 4|
- 2-3 Large Sweet Potatoes, peeled and cut into fries
- 2 Bell Peppers, seeds removed and sliced
- 1 Red Onion, sliced
- 1 Tbsp Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne
- 1/4 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Canola Oil
- 6-8 Flour Tortillas, for serving.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and line a sheet tray with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine your sliced sweet potatoes, peppers and onion with all seasonings and canola oil.
- Mix and toss until everything is well coated, then dump onto the sheet tray.
- Spread out the vegetables as much as possible.
- Bake 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool slightly.
- Warm the tortillas up either in the microwave, on the stove, or in the oven.
- Serve warm with any toppings you like. Salsa, guacamole, cheese, sour cream.
As always, I hope you enjoyed this recipe! If you tried it out let me know in the comments. For more recipes check out my homepage and follow along on Instagram. Don’t forget to like, follow, comment and share. Thanks for reading!