Welcome back to QCK!
This week has been full of wild ups and downs. Some new opportunities that I’m really excited to announce, but can’t quite yet! Some downs that I won’t get into, because honestly, I don’t feel like it. I just want to talk about food today.
Is there anything better than gnocchi? What about gnocchi covered in salty prosciutto, creamy whipped brie, toasty basil and pine nut pesto, and a medley of summery vegetables? I can think of very few things that sound better than that. This is like the ultimate summer comfort dish.
This recipe is a perfect warm pasta salad for a cookout (Memorial Day, Father’s Day, Juneteenth, Fourth of July), but it’s also a great recipe for a date night in or those nights when you want to put a little extra effort into dinner.
If you want to go all out on this recipe, you can make your gnocchi by hand, whip your own brie, make homemade pesto (this is a great recipe if you’re growing basil this summer), and cook each vegetable separate so you can plate everything just how you want it.
You can simplify your life by using store bought gnocchi, brie spread, pre-made pesto (though I prefer homemade, it just tastes better), and throw all the vegetables in one pan and cook them together.
Whichever direction you go will end well. So don’t overthink it, do what you can.
Substitutions and Add Ons
- Prosciutto can be substituted with any other cured ham or crispy bacon.
- Brie can be substituted with feta, goat cheese, Camembert, burrata or mozzarella.
- Zucchini can be substituted with summer squash.
- Pine nuts can be substituted with walnuts.
- Fresh Pesto can be substituted with store bought.
- Add Ons: Summer squash, pees, yellow onion, crab, lobster, shrimp.
|Prep: 15 Mins||Cook: 15 Mins||Difficulty: Easy||Servings: 2|
- 9 oz Potato Gnocchi, homemade or store bought I use Nuovo brand
- 1 tsp Vegetable Oil
- 2 Ears Corn, cut off the cob
- 1 Small Zucchini, thinly sliced into discs or ribbons (I used a vegetable peeler to make ribbons)
- 10 Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 1 Clove Garlic, peeled
- 1/4 C Fresh Basil, stems removed
- 1/3 C Toasted Pine nuts, plus more for garnish
- 3 Tbsp Shredded Parmesan
- 1 tsp Lemon Zest
- 1/2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 3 Tbsp Extra Virgin Oilve Oil
- 1/4 C Whipped (or spreadable) Brie
- 3-4 Slices of Prosciutto, torn into small pieces
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cook Gnocchi according to directions on package, drain and set aside.
- In a medium sauce pan over medium high heat, bring vegetable oil up in temperature, add corn and zucchini, season with some salt and pepper, cook until zucchini is soft all the way through and corn is bright yellow, 5-7 minutes.
- In a blender or food processor, combine garlic, basil pine nuts, parmesan, lemon zest and lemon juice.
- Slowly drizzle olive oil while blending, continue until fully puréed, season with salt and pepper.
- Toss the gnocchi and vegetables in the pesto and top with cherry tomatoes, brie, prosciutto, and remaining pine nuts.
As always, I hope you enjoyed this recipe! If you tried it out let me know in the comments. For more recipes check out my homepage and follow along on Instagram. Don’t forget to like, follow, comment and share. Thanks for reading!