Welcome back to QCK!
Zucchini is one of my favorite spring/summer vegetables. It’s delicious on its own, as a noodle replacement, made into chips, baked into zucchini bread, and in any other form you can think of. But today I want to talk about grilling it, or oven grilling in this case.
The thing I love about zucchini, is that it doesn’t need much. It’s natural flavor and texture are so great on their own that just a little but of salt and olive oil can do the trick. So this zucchini is just cut into spears, drizzled with olive oil and tossed in lemon zest, red pepper flake and garlic. It gets a squeeze of lemon juice an a sprinkle of parmesan out of the oven, but it doesn’t even need the cheese.
- 1 Large or 3 Small Zucchini, cut into spears
- 1/4 C Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Lemon Zest
- 1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Clove Garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Kosher Salt
- Parmesan, optional
- Preheat oven or grill to 425°F.
- In a medium bowl, toss zucchini with olive oil, lemon juice, red pepper flakes, garlic, pepper and salt.
- Place on a broiling pan, or directly on the grill.
- Cook 7-10 minutes on each side, or until a nice char forms and they are soft all the way through.
- Sprinkle with parmesan if desired.
As always, I hope you enjoyed this recipe! If you tried it out let me know in the comments. For more recipes check out my homepage and follow along on Instagram. Don’t forget to like, follow, comment and share. Thanks for reading!