Welcome back to QCK!
Today I’m sharing a recipe that fits into everyones favorite category, 30 minute dinners. This one is a really fresh light pasta dish with all the best flavors. Acidic cherry tomatoes, sweet peppers, herby pesto and of course the best of the best, garlic. It’s topped with burrata because who doesn’t love burrata.
I wanted to keep this dish fresh and light because I feel like we’re all eating a lot of heavy comfort food made from pantry items, but I also wanted it to be pantry accessible for those of us that need it.
Pantry Friendly Substitutes
- Cherry tomatoes for canned diced tomato (drained) or sun dried tomatoes.
- Fresh basil pesto for a jar of store bought.
- Really any cheese you have on hand will suffice. Even no cheese is fine.
- Fresh garlic for canned or dried garlic.
Tips and Tricks
- If you’re not seeing the “bursted” cherry tomato, cover the pan with a lid and leave it for a couple minutes, the steam will help move things along.
- If you want a heavier tomato sauce, you can use a can of tomatoes and add 1/4 C of pasta water.
|Prep: 5 Mins||Cook: 15 Mins||Difficulty: Easy||Servings: 2|
- 1/2 lb (8 oz) Cooked Spaghetti
- 3/4 C Cherry Tomatoes, cut in half
- 3 Sweet Peppers, sliced
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, diced
- 1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 3 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Basil Pesto
- 2 Burratas
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegar for drizzling, optional
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to directions on package, strain and set aside.
- In a medium sauté pan, heat olive oil and add garlic and red pepper flakes.
- Once fragrant, add cherry tomatoes and sweet peppers, sauté until tomatoes are bursting and peppers are soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the pasta and toss in the pan until all noodles are coated with sauce.
- Season to taste.
- Serve with burrata and a drizzle of olive oil and balsamic. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
As always, I hope you enjoyed this recipe! If you tried it out let me know in the comments. For more recipes check out my homepage and follow along on Instagram. Don’t forget to like, follow, comment and share. Thanks for reading!