Welcome back to QCK!
As always the week after the Super Bowl is a generally exhausting one for everyone. We’re all recovering from all the excitement whether it’s from the game, the snacks or the Shakira-JLO halftime show of our dreams. So this week is all about 30 minute dinners that become tomorrows lunch.
I love this pasta because it’s fresh, light and packed with nutrients. It has so many vegetables it could almost be considered a salad… but better. I use broccoli, zucchini, spinach, onion, and mushroom, but the really special thing is that you can use whatever about to go bad in your fridge. Asparagus would be wonderful. If you’re looking to add some protein shrimp would be my suggestion but chicken would absolutely work as well.
Tips and Tricks
- The beauty of weeknight pastas is that you can make it whatever you want it to be. So instead of running to the grocery store, just grab whatever’s in the crisper drawer for vegetables.
- For VEGANS: This recipe can be completely vegan without problem. Simply sub out butter for extra virgin olive oil and chicken stock for vegetable stock, or omit it completely. To add some protein, pine nuts are a great option.
- When adding proteins, I suggest shrimp or chicken. For chicken, cook the chicken first in the pan, set the fully cooked chicken aside, and using the same pan, deglaze with lemon juice and cook your vegetables.
|Prep: 15 Min||Cook: 15 Min||Servings: 4||Difficulty: Easy|
- 4 Servings Spaghetti, cooked according to the box.
- 1 large Yellow Onion, thinly sliced
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 1 medium Zucchini, sliced
- 6 Button Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large head Broccoli, cut into small pieces
- a handful of Spinach
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 T lemon, zested
- 2 T Chicken Stock
- 3 T Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 T Unsalted Butter
- 1 T Red Pepper Flakes
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to box, strain and set aside when al dente.
- In a large sauté pan over medium heat, drizzle 1 T olive oil and add onion and garlic, sauté until soft, translucent and aromatic.
- Add zucchini and mushrooms, sauté until soft.
- Add broccoli, spinach, lemon juice, lemon zest, chicken stock, 2 T olive oil, butter, and red pepper flakes. Cover and steam for 3-5 minutes or until broccoli is tender and a vibrant greed color.
- Add cooked pasta to sauté pan and toss with the vegetables and sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
As always, I hope you enjoyed this recipe! If you tried it out let me know in the comments. For more recipes check out my homepage and follow along on Instagram. Don’t forget to like, follow, comment and share. Thanks for reading!