Welcome back to QCK!
If you’re looking for a Sunday bake that’ll satisfy you through the week, look no further. This chocolate chip banana bread is my absolute favorite and it never fails. It’s great for me because I can make a loaf and have breakfast on the go and a perfect midnight snack for the next couple days. If you’re making it for the fam, its the perfect Sunday breakfast treat or bake it and leave it for everyone to eat throughout the day.
Tips and Tricks
- The sour cream is what makes the bread so moist, if you don’t have or are not a fan of sour cream, you can easily sub in plain greek yogurt. I would use 2% fat, but 5% will work as well, the bread will be slightly more dense.
|Prep: 20 Minutes||Bake: 50 Minutes||Servings: 8||Difficulty: Easy|
- 3 Large Overripe Bananas
- 1/2 C Packed Brown Sugar
- 1/2 C Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 C Unsalted Butter, melted
- 2 L Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 C Sour Cream or 2% Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 1/3 C AP Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 3/4 C Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In a large bowl, add bananas and both sugars, mash.
- Add melted butter, eggs, vanilla and sour cream, mix.
- Add dry ingredients and mix well.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into a greased loaf pan.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes.