Hey everyone! Summer is just around the corner, even though it might not feel like it in the midwest, but don’t lose hope! It’s coming! Maybe. But it’s still rhubarb season somewhere and that is exciting. I love rhubarb desserts and drinks. Maybe because rhubarb crumble or cake was always something my mom made when we were kids and it started to get warm. So to me, rhubarb means the beginning of summer, and summer means fresh lemonade. Then I got older and learned that lemonade was even better with a rosé. Now here we are, with a delicious rhubarb lemonade spritzer.
- 3 1/2 C Water
- 5 C Rhubarb, chopped
- 3/4 C Sugar
- 2 Strips lemon Zest
- 1 C Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 2 C Rosé
- In a large pot over medium heat, combine water, chopped rhubarb, sugar, and lemon zest. Bring to a boil and stir until all sugar is dissolved.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes
- Allow the mixture to cool and strain through fine mesh strainer over a pitcher. Press out as much liquid as possible and throw the solids away.
- Stir in lemon juice and Rosé.
- Serve over ice